Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Time sure has flown by...

Wow, we're down to less than two days to departure and it's getting more and more exciting by the minute!

Tomorrow evening the team will meet for a light dinner, prayer and packing! Personally, the bed in my spare bedroom is piled high with suitcases, clothes, baubles & beads for our "Mom's night out" event and various other sundry items that need to make their way to the Evangelical Church in Capljina.

Realizing that it's been forever and a day since I last posted, I need to fill you in on some of the scoop. When I last posted I knew that I needed to bring beads, jewelry findings and components for the ladies at the church to use for future ministry events but as far as we knew we would not be having a jewlery event while we're there. The plans have changed and we will host a Mom's night out for mom's of the disabled children that the last team served in October. Basically what this will entail is a gathering of women for coffee, pastries and chat and then we'll sit down and get the creative juices flowing and everyone will make a piece of jewelry or two for themselves. I'm actually more excited about this evening than I was last year because now I know more about what to expect. I'm also excited because not only did I find some fabulous things to bring to the ladies but two women from my small group brought me some really nice things to add to the pile! Thank you Margaret & Gayle, you both ROCK!

Jamie just sent a note to the team telling us that he had "accidentally Skyped" with Pastor Bernard this morning and they are planning a Barbecue on Sunday after church at their new home! I am excited to see the house and am really hoping the weather will be nice. I looked at the forecast just now and it shows rain but we'll not let that put a damper on our fun day!

The Jewelry event will be Wednesday evening and there is a night of worship event planned for Thursday evening. We also have a ladies event planned for Saturday the 15th which is our last full day in Capljina and it sounds like it will be a "full" day indeed! Full of worship and praise for our Great Big God!

As usual we appreciate your prayers! May God bring the team to your minds often over the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment